Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Review: HARD JUSTICE by Lori Foster!

Release Date: March 21st, 2017

Type: Contemporary Romance, Romantic Suspense, Former-Fighter, Series, Book 2

Series in Order:Under Pressure (January 2017)
Hard Justice (March 2017)

About the Book: Justice Wallington knows how to harness his strength and intimidating size—skills he put to good use first in the MMA cage, and now as a bodyguard at the Body Armor agency. But no opponent has ever left him feeling as off balance as his new client, heiress Fallon Wade. Far from a spoiled princess, she's sweet and intriguingly innocent. It's a risk-free assignment, until he's required to fake a relationship with her in order to blend in. 
Sheltered from the world after a family tragedy, Fallon longs to experience life—going to bars, dancing, talking to strangers. Not easy with a huge, lethal-looking bodyguard shadowing her every move. Justice seems like her polar opposite, but pretending to be a couple stirs undeniable heat. And when danger strikes again, it's not just her safety in jeopardy, but a passion that's real, raw and absolutely against the rules… [Synopsis from Goodreads.com]
My Review: Every time Lori Foster comes out with a new book, I like it more than the previous one. They're just always so good. But guys, this is it. I've found my all-time favorite Lori Foster book, ever. Justice is perfect. I lost myself while I was reading this. I got so into the story, into Fallon and Justice's relationship, that this book just flew by. It's hard to explain, but I think this was the smoothest/most seamless Foster book I've read yet. Even if I wasn't too familiar with all the characters (I wasn't a dedicated reader until the Ultimate series), this still just flowed beautifully.

There was just enough suspense in this book to add an edge to Justice's job. It moved the story along, but it didn't overshadow the romance that was building. And you could actual feel these two coming together. These two are perfect together, and I just want to coo and gush all over them. If you're a long-time reader of Lori Foster's books, you'll be happy to see former characters show up and help out, or just hang out. And there's several more unattached characters I hope get their story soon!

Cover Lovin': Heck yes. And I appreciate that they went with a muscle-y cover guy, since Justice is definitely all muscles. Yum.

Recommendation: Hard Justice can be read as a stand alone. But you'll want to read Under Pressure because it's just so good.

Final Rating: FIVE out of FIVE stars (5/5)! Loved this, every second of it. I didn't want to put it down, and I'm desperate for more.

Get your copies from Amazon.com today!


Happy Reading!
~!~ Amanda, Novel Addiction ~!~

Disclaimer: I received an advanced copy in exchange for a fair and honest review.

No comments: