Friday, January 27, 2017

Review: CASANOVA by Emma Hart!

  CASANOVA-availablenow
Type: Contemporary, Former friends, Hate-to-Love, Banteriffic.

My Review: I've talked about all the different romance tropes that I love - and here's another one for you - or maybe two, actually. Here we have former friends reuniting - and we also have the hate-to-love theme. These are both romance classics, but Emma Hart manages to make it her own while still staying true to the themes we romance-aholics know and love.

I'm still flustered by how I could find Brett to be a jerk, yet still feel bad for him since his family treats him like crap. Sure, he kind of deserved it, but you could tell it hurt him - and my heart went out to him. I enjoyed Lani's character as well, she was appropriately snarky and I appreciated that she wasn't about to take any lip from anyone.

All that said, to be completely honest - this left me a little underwhelmed. There wasn't anything specifically wrong with this, it just seemed like it was lacking the punch it needed. And Brett, as much as I did like him, felt inconsistent more than a few times. I find myself a little disappointed, since Emma Hart is an author I've had my eye on to try for some time - I guess I will have to give a different book a shot in the future.

Cover Lovin': Very well done. I love the blue, and this would definitely catch my eye while browsing.

Recommendation: No prior knowledge necessary, so dive right in!

Final Rating: THREE out of FIVE stars (3/5)! Good, but ultimately underwhelming. Better luck next time - this author is still on my watch list.


Happy Reading!
~!~ Amanda, Novel Addiction ~!~    


   Pageflex Persona [document: PRS0000035_00027]I loved him more than life. He broke me and he didn't even know it. I ran from him. He didn't chase me. He never needed to, because he knew I'd come back. He was right. Death brought me home to him. Brett Walker. Drop dead gorgeous and filthy-mouthed with a smile that turns saints to sinners. A casanova to his core. My ex-best friend. And the bad boy whose reputation precedes him—the same reputation I'm tasked with turning to gold... Or so they think. ADD TO GOODREADS  

AMAZON US | AMAZON UK | AMAZON AU | AMAZON CA | B&N | iBooks

      casanova-teaser7       CASANOVA-teaser6 1p0a9045By day, New York Times and USA Today bestselling New Adult author Emma Hart dons a cape and calls herself Super Mum to two beautiful little monsters. By night, she drops the cape, pours a glass of whatever she fancies - usually wine - and writes books.
Emma is working on Top Secret projects she will share with her followers and fans at every available opportunity. Naturally, all Top Secret projects involve a dashingly hot guy who likes to forget to wear a shirt, a sprinkling (or several) of hold-onto-your-panties hot scenes, and a whole lotta love.

She likes to be busy - unless busy involves doing the dishes, but that seems to be when all the ideas come to life.

FACEBOOK | TWITTER | GOODREADS | AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE

Disclaimer: I received an advanced copy in exchange for a fair and honest review. 

No comments: