Friday, November 18, 2016

Weekly Reading Update: Catch Up Edition


It's been quite a while since I did a weekly reading update! But considering how much I've overloaded you all with reviews lately, I haven't had too much time for pleasure reading. But I figured I can at least give you a quickie update on some recent reads, in no particular order.

I got the chance to read Carry This Book by Abbi Jacobson, famous for Broad City - which is an absolutely hilarious show, if you're not already familiar with it. Carry This Book is entirely self-drawn, with Abbi drawing what she assumed celebrities, historical figures, and fictional characters might keep in their wallet/purse/etc. It's totally worth a read, if you like quirky things!

I also read the newest book in Cherise Sinclair's Masters of the Shadowlands series, Mischief and the Masters. Finally, Uzuri gets her own story! And like Sally (from If Only), she's too much of a handful for just one man - luckily Alastair and Max are up for the task. If you like BDSM with your romance, you really, truly, absolutely HAVE to check out Cherise Sinclair. She knows what she's doing - both when it comes to consensual smut, and the love story.

I also tried out a new (to me) Kristen Ashley book - Until the Sun Falls from the Sky. I tried, I really did, even got 60% into the book... but I had to DNF it. The whole talk of "taming" her, and "breaking" her... I just didn't find that sexy at all. In fact, it made me incredibly nervous. I think I'll stick with the Rock Chick series, which I am definitely enjoying thus far. I'm not sure who I like more, Eddie or Lee. And Hank is up next!

When browsing the newly purchased items at the library, I happened upon Jim Henson's Labyrinth Tales, and had to request it. And it was absolutely adorable. Not sure it would work as a picture book, considering I don't think most of the young kids it was geared to would understand the characters. But for fans of Labyrinth and Henson in general, it's a fun read.

 I'd say that's more than enough for this week's update. The rest of what I read was a bunch of graphic novels, with Injustice: Gods Among Us still being the best of the bunch. Thank goodness I have another volume at home I can read - they're incredibly addicting!

Happy Reading!
~!~ Amanda, Novel Addiction ~!~

Disclaimer: The above books were either borrowed from the library or purchased. None were provided in exchange for a review.

No comments: