Friday, July 1, 2016

Weekly Reading Update 6/24 - 6/30/16!


Another week, another update! As always, click the title for more information.

I started out the week (or rather, the weekend) a little slowly. I had plenty of chores and family time on Friday, so I got barely any reading done. But I wouldn’t trade the time spent hanging with my Mom, Aunt, and dogs for anything. Then I had to work Saturday, and Sunday was spent with a long-time friend visiting for the day. Definitely worth the lack of reading time! But I did eventually get back into the swing of things.

So on to what I did actually read throughout the week… I started off with Rainbow in the Cloud: The Wisdom and Spirit of Maya Angelou by, of course, Maya Angelou. I picked this up because it fit one of my summer reading challenge categories, and it was short. But I was blown away by how much I enjoyed it. Very inspirational! A good pick-me-up read.

At the Reader Author Get Together at the beginning of the month, all attendees were given a gift card for Evernight Publishing, since several of the attending authors have their books published through Evernight. I shopped around through the site (not too much, since I know I could have easily spent too much!), and ended up purchasing a few different books by new-to-me authors. One of the authors was Jenika Snow, and I knew the name sounded familiar - she was an author of one of the free books I got in my goody bag. So I read the book I got at RAGT, A Beautiful Prison, and I’m even more excited for the new one I bought.

From that point on, I mostly just re-read old favorites, with a few others tossed in for variety. I re-read The Professional and The Master by Kresley Cole. A friend of mine stayed over one evening, and I mentioned those books to her as something she’d like to try - so of course, that just made me want to re-read them! And since I re-read those, I went ahead and finished the trilogy by reading The Player. I had this one pre-ordered, but I have held off until now.. And I loved it! Of course I did, there were grifters and con artists involved. We all know how much I love that!

Continuing my re-reading binge, I re-read Lead by Kylie Scott. I love the Stage Dive series, and really, it’s what started my love for rockstar romances. I think Lead is probably my favorite. There’s just something about Jimmy… Sigh. I love the rest of the guys too, but what can I say, I’m a sucker for a lead singer!

I also did some listening. I went out of my audiobook phase for a while, just listening to music, but now I am back with a vengeance! I read Ladies Man by Katy Evans, the most recent in her Manwhore series. It was definitely worth a read, guys. I love Tahoe! The audiobook was good, for sure, but I think I’ll have to buy the book so I can re-read it in the future. And speaking of re-reads.. I’m listening to Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover. This is probably my favorite CoHo book, and someone on facebook said the male narrator does a fantastic job. So, well… I figured I might as well give it a try! And let me tell you, oh yeah - he is definitely a good narrator.

See you next week!


Happy Reading!
~!~ Amanda, Novel Addiction ~!~

No comments: