Friday, May 13, 2016

Weekly Reading Update 5/5 - 5/12/16!

I was on vacation this past week, so you'd think I would have read a lot, right? Nope! We were down in Disney World, so my family and I were running all over the parks. I may have also vegged out at the pool, reading a lot of Star Magazines. Sometimes you just need some mindless reading material while hanging out poolside. So now on to what I did manage to read!

First up was Brave Enough by M. Leighton, the third book in the Tall, Dark, and Dangerous series. I read and reviewed this one for Romance Reviews Today, and it was definitely worth a read. It might actually be my favorite of the series, I'm not sure. And even better, it can be read as a standalone, so if you want to give it a shot - I'd say go for it! But be sure to check out Strong Enough (book 1), and Tough Enough (book 2).

Next up was Alex by Sawyer Bennett. I have been a part of a Facebook group called The Locker Room for a while now, and Sawyer Bennett is one of the coaches (aka administrators). I love what I have read by the other authors, so I'm working my way through all the coaches' backlists. I can't believe I've never read anything by Sawyer Bennett before! Alex was a fun read, and I can't wait to continue with the next book in the series, thanks to my library's digital collection.

I also read Never Let You Go by Monica Murphy, the direct sequel to Never Tear Us Apart. Oh man, if you want an emotional read that will mess you up - look no further. This is the third series I've read by Monica Murphy (I didn't finish the other series, but I am working my way through them), and I'm fairly positive she just sits around thinking up ways to torture her poor, innocent characters. And she's just so good at it! She breaks me heart every time, and I love her for it all the same. It's hard to review such an emotional read - but I somehow managed it. You'll be able to see my review at Romance Reviews Today!

Just yesterday, because I couldn't put it down, I read the entirety of Make Me Sin by J. T. Geissinger. Okay, if you really need a good cry, look no further. This is definitely going on my wish-list, because it was just.. so good. Painful, but good. Like sometimes when you get a massage and it hurts, but it's a good hurt? I already own the first book, Sweet As Sin, because that's another one I couldn't put down. And now I'm desperate for Brody's book, which better be next (and SOON) or I will start tearing my hair out!

And because I'm still in my rockstar phase, I moved immediately to Taking The Lead by Cecelia Tan. As of typing this post (Thursday afternoon) - I haven't actually finished it yet, but it's oh-so-good so far. I've been procrastinating all of my unpacking because I just can't bring myself to put this one down yet. You're lucky I took a break to type up this post!

So that's it for me this week. Anything I read on your TBR? Or have any spectacular reads to share?


Happy Reading!
~!~ Amanda, Novel Addiction ~!~

No comments: