Friday, May 6, 2016

Weekly Reading Update, 4/22 - 5/6 (Two-in-one edition)

So not so “weekly” this time around. Last week was insane with crazy thunderstorms and power outages, so I wasn’t able to get the post up and running. Luckily everything else was scheduled so they posted on their own. But - that just means you get two weeks worth at once!

I finished up my Betsy binge by reading Undead and Unpopular (Book 5). The books are starting to run together, so I decided now would be a good time to take a break. And the next book was checked out from my library’s eBook platform anyways.

I’ve also been on a rockstar kick lately - as evidenced by my next two reads. I finally got the chance to check out A Stone in the Sea by A.L. Jackson. I’ve been wanting to read this since it first came out, I just never had the chance, until now. I loved it. I knew I would, since I had read other books by A.L. Jackson and enjoyed them. But I wasn’t aware how emotional this book would be. As soon as I finished it, I had to instantly buy the next book for my kindle. And with that ending - I definitely need to read book 2, asap.

I also read The Mighty Storm by Samantha Towle. I think this was a Goodreads suggestion, probably because of my previous rockstar reads. I can’t help myself. I love music, and therefore I love musicians. Sigh. But this book was a good one - and another book that made me want to instantly get the sequel. I’m holding off though, until I get some more stuff read. After the roller coaster that was The Mighty Storm, I need a bit of a break until I read the next one - to give my nerves a break.

I’m read through Real Vampires Have Curves by Gerry Bartlett. I read the first few books in this series years ago, around the same time I started the Betsy books. So I figured since I was taking a break from Betsy, I’d give Glory a re-read. And it’s been long enough that I’ve forgotten exactly what happens, so it’s practically a new read. And oh, to have some of Glory’s problems - like a protective sire who just happens to wear his kilt a lot.

A few weeks ago, I read Ten Tiny Breaths by K.A. Tucker and LOVED it. So I finally got around to reading the second book, One Tiny Lie. And oh man, I think I liked it just as much, if not more, than the first book. These are definitely both going on my wish-list, because I need them on my keeper shelves. I can see why K.A. Tucker has such a following. I can’t wait to read book three!

I’m working my way through the Kate Daniels series, by Ilona Andrews. I read the first book for the library’s Positively Paranormal Book Club months ago, and I loved it. I now only have two and a half books left, and then I will be caught up. And I already read the short-stories, so I have nothing to tide me over until the next book releases! I went through Magic Slays, Gunmental Magic, and Magic Rises. I have the next two books at home (and I’m waiting on the novella to come in through the digital library), and then I have to wait like everyone else. Sigh!

I’d say that’s enough for now - catch you on the flip side!

Happy Reading
~!~ Amanda, Novel Addiction ~!~

No comments: