Friday, March 11, 2016

Weekly Reading Update 3/4-3/11/16!


Another week gone, another Weekly Reading Update! It’s been a hectic week, so I’ve not read as much as usual.. But what I have gotten through was great!

I’m still working my way through the manga series “Dengeki Daisy” - which I have completely fallen in love with. It’s been a long time since I was this engrossed in a manga plot. I’m usually content just reading comics (American or Japanese) online or from the library - but I might have to buy this series, I’m loving it so much. The story just keeps evolving and getting bigger and bigger - but without being absolutely ridiculous like some series.

I’m also currently listening to “Touched By An Alien” by Gini Koch. This is a book I’ve always wanted to pick up, but I didn’t have the opportunity until now. The audiobook is great, since there’s a fun narrator, but I’m getting desperate because I have to know what happens - I’m not sure I can handle going at the audiobook speed much longer! I’m not sure what characters I like the best. If you like amusing sci-fi, you should definitely check this series out.

Next, I read “Unruly” by Ronnie Douglas, and reviewed it for Romance Reviews Today. This is the second book in the series, and runs at the same time as the first book, “Undaunted.” Because of that, you pretty much have to read the first book in the series, because in “Unruly” you get several half scenes. It wasn’t a bad book by any means, but it took so long to get to the real meat of the story that I was bored for the first half.

Finally, I reread “Ready Player One” by Ernest Cline this week, for the book club I run at the library. If you love 80’s pop culture, virtual reality, and some seriously good sci-fi - you absolutely HAVE to check out this book. It’s so good. Even reading it the second time, I found stuff I missed the first round, and I already want to re-read it again. Also, I found a website that lists every pop culture reference throughout the book - and it’s FIVE pages long, front and back. Someday I’ll go through and see just how much of that I have actually seen/read/listened to. You know, when I have free time (so never).

That’s it for this week!
Happy Reading
~!~ Amanda, Novel Addiction ~!~

No comments: