Friday, March 25, 2016

Weekly Reading Update: 3/18 - 3/24/16!

Here we go again - another weekly reading update!

This week, I read a fascinating graphic novel called “Bernie” by Ted Rall. The beginning of the book discusses a brief history of the Democratic party in the 20th and 21st centuries, and then goes on to talk about Bernie Sanders’ policies and how they differ from the modern Leftist beliefs. Along with Bernie’s personal history, it talks about his efforts throughout his life to better his community and the world around him. Great read!

I also read “Gotham Academy Volume 1: Welcome to Gotham Academy” by Becky Cloonan. The only reason I picked this up was because I read an article talking about an upcoming Gotham Academy and Lumberjanes cross over. But now that I’ve read this, I plan to continue with the series. It was a fun read, though I can see it appealing more to those that like DC and Batman, rather than the typical Lumberjanes crowd.

I also read “Love Struck” by Laurelin McGee, to review for Romance Reviews Today. It definitely has a modern day You’ve Got Mail feel to it, since they met on an anonymous forum and know each other only by their usernames - or do they?! This is a cute one. It’s book two in a series, but I hadn’t read book one and still got along fine. Though it makes me want to read the first book, “Miss Match.”

My next goal is to continue to tackle the nonfiction book “The Confidence Game: Why We Fall For It… Every Time” by Maria Konnikova. Anyone that follows my Goodreads page will know my obsession with thieves and con-men - it even has its own shelf! This book talks about just why we fall for cons, and it’s pretty fascinating thus far. But I’ll admit, I’m a slow reader when it comes to nonfiction - it just takes me longer to process actual facts rather than fiction. But it doesn’t mean I enjoy it any less.

Happy Reading
~!~ Amanda, Novel Addiction ~!~

No comments: