Friday, March 18, 2016

Weekly Reading Update, 3/11-3/17/16!

Another week, another update! This has been a slow week for me, reading-wise, since I've been so busy with everything else going on. Work has been hectic this week, since we're having some staffing issues, so I'll admit to coming home and crashing every night. Or, in some cases, watching silly TV shows to unwind.

What I have read is "Bully" and "Until You" by Penelope Douglas. I found a list of "Essential New Adult" books in a book review magazine, and I've been working my way through the list. I had heard of "Bully" mostly because I had accidentally read the second book in the series ("Rival"), not knowing it was part of a series. So I checked out "Bully" on audio from my library's digital collection, and finished it up rather quickly, because I had to know what was going to happen next.

I can't say I particularly liked this book. I thought Jared was a complete jerk throughout most of it, but I did love the big climax at the end. But I heard many people saying "Until You" redeemed Jared considerably, since it is the same story from his perspective. I haven't finished it yet, but I am very close, and I can say for sure that yes, it does show Jared in a little bit more of a favorable light. I think he's still a jerk, but you get a better explanation as to why he is such a bully. Not that it excuses all his behavior, but... it helps, a little. I think.

Other than those books above, I've read some more comic books, but nothing that really stuck out to me. The exhaustion of this week has left me feeling like I'm in a reading slump - but it's really just being tired. Hopefully I'll snap out of it soon and I can get back on track with reviews, pleasure reading, and reading for Romance Reviews Today.

Happy Reading!
~!~ Amanda, Novel Addiction ~!~

No comments: