Thursday, December 31, 2015

End of the year review: Favorites from 2015 and looking forward to 2016!

First up, let's talk about a couple of my favorite reads from 2015! I'm including both books I reviewed as well as just read for fun. And if you'd like to see more of what I read (not just books I review), be sure to follow me on Goodreads! Link on the side.

A series I fell in love with this year: Asking For It series by Lilah Pace! I read both "Asking For It" and "Begging For It" by Lilah Pace. This duet is not for the faint of heart - it deals with some super tough subjects and it's definitely for mature readers. But wow, it was so amazingly well done. Check out my review of "Asking For It" posted in October 2015!

A graphic novel that blew me away: Well, okay, there were a bunch (Saga, Ms. Marvel, and and so many more!) but I definitely want to mention Cairo by G. Willow Wilson. This was something Goodreads recommended to me, and thanks to interlibrary loan, I was able to read it! I was blown away, really. I loved the way the author wove together such a fascinating fantasy world.

Favorite nostalgia read: Royal Wedding by Meg Cabot. I cannot tell you how excited I was to read this one. This book made me really happy - like, giggling to myself happy. I didn't know how much I missed this series until I read this. So then I had to search out all the short stories and novellas I had missed just to get more of the series. Check out my review of "Royal Wedding" posted in August 2015! Also, if you liked "Royal Wedding" by Meg Cabot, check out "The Royal We" by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan!

I had tons more books that I loved this year, but these three were definitely at the top of the list. Be sure to check them out!

Looking forward to 2016: So I've already decided to once again do the Popsugar 2016 reading challenge. I did this one in 2015 and loved it! It really made me branch out from my usual reads. The 2016 list is shorter, but it's got some great categories. Follow/Friend me on Goodreads to see everything I read for the challenge.

Also, Bookriot has a 2016 challenge as well, and I'm considering it. Especially since there could be some cross-listing. But would that really be fair?


Happy Reading, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!
~!~ Amanda, Novel Addiction ~!~

No comments: