Thursday, June 11, 2015

RAGT15! Reader Author Get Together - After the Magic - Part 2!

So, the post from Tuesday contained books that I received for free while attending the 11th annual Reader Author Get Together. This post, I'll be highlight the books (and their authors) that I bought during the event. It's just so convenient that Barnes and Noble sets up a store in a boardroom featuring books by the attending authors. It's also not so great for my wallet. But definitely worth it!

First up, a picture of my entire haul for the weekend - books both free and paid for, and some (not even all!) of the swag I accumulated. 

Like Tuesday's post, if you click the title of the book, it will take you to Goodreads. Click on the author's name and you will be taken to their website to find all kind of goodies!

A BUCKHORN SUMMER by Lori Foster. Of course we have to start off with the Queen herself! Lori Foster started this event because she wanted a way to connect readers and authors, and have it be affordable. And boy is it! They could charge way more, and you would still get more than your moneys worth in free books, swag, events, and food. While I haven't even read any of the Buckhorn series, I bought this book. You may be asking why (or not, I'm telling you anyways) - that's because this book is only available in print at this event, and all proceeds go to the Animal Adoption Foundation. This is a wonderful no kill animal shelter located about thirty minutes away from me. Not only does Lori support them throughout the year with generous donations, but this event is a great opportunity for Lori to raise even more money for one of their favorite charities. Besides being an animal lover - I absolutely support this because, well, I got my own dog there. Mattie is my best little buddy, and I am so grateful that the Animal Adoption Foundation was there to give her a chance. 

TESLA'S IMPRINT by Kimberly Adkins. Long time readers of this blog will recognize the name Kimberly Adkins. During my blogoversary several years ago, Kimberly Adkins generously donated a prize. One of the cool things about the Reader Author Get Together is that authors are encouraged to sit at tables with new readers, and chat during meals. This is how I met Kimberly. We sat at her table several years ago, and she always makes sure to come say hello every year since. She's a super fun person, and I love her work. She's also a huge Doctor Who fan, and donates nerdy baskets for the benefit raffle at RAGT (all the proceeds from the raffle go to One Way Farm, another amazing charity!). Be sure to check out Kimberly Adkins' website and see what fun paranormal stories she has in store for you. 

MASTERS AT ARMS & NOBODY'S ANGEL by Kallypso Masters. So I first became aware of this author due to the fact she was giving out back scratchers with a funny slogan on it. So during one of the book signings at the event, I decided to have a quick chat and figure out the reading order of her books. For those interested, this book is available FOR FREE on kindle (go here to purchase), but I decided on the paperback version. Why, you may ask? Because I wanted her to sign my book, but most importantly - instead of signing "nice to meet you," this lovely author writes "Great to PERVERT you!" I can't pass that up! Another book I can't wait to sink my teeth into! 
ALIENATED by Melissa Landers. This is one of those books I have had my eye on for so long, and knowing that the author was going to be at the event, I couldn't pass up the chance! Melissa was very kind and fun to talk to, and Alienated will now have a proud place on my bookshelf. I've heard such amazing things about this series, and frankly, I'm ashamed it has taken me this long to take the purchase plunge. 
. I read this book, enjoyed it, and thought the name sounded vaguely familiar. It wasn't until I saw the author list for RAGT that I realized this is the author of One Week Girlfriend, which I obsessed over for months, but also the author of Fair Game, which keeps taunting me every time I look at my kindle wishlist. I did get the chance to meet Monica Murphy and had her sign my favorite author bag (a canvas bag I decorated myself, and currently has a dozen something signatures by favorite authors I have met.. sans John Green who was unable to sign anything but books, alas..). Unfortunately this copy of Owning Violet remains unsigned due to my own poor planning.. but hey, I got to meet her and now I own this book I loved - so who cares!
Last, but oh certainly not least...

BETTER WHEN HE'S BOLD by Jay Crownover. So what if I haven't even read the first book in this series yet? I own it, and now I own a signed copy of the second one. I love Jay Crownover and I'm fairly positive she can do no wrong, so I know Better When He's Bold will be a signing star in my collection. I got to visit with her and take selfies, she signed my bag, and then later signed my book. And when I visited her table at the open signing event, she said "You want some... you know what, I'm not even going to ask - you get goodies!" and gave me plenty of magnets and keychains. If you love some seriously good New Adult and you're desperate for more? You need to read Jay Crownover, for sure! 
Thank you so much for go through my book haul with me! And be sure to check out the above links, not just to the authors and their books, but also to the two charities I mentioned (found under Lori Foster and Kimberly Adkins). 

I already cannot wait until next year. 

Happy Reading!
~!~ Amanda, Novel Addiction ~!~

No comments: