Friday, July 1, 2011

Following, and all that that implies...

Yay! Another Friday, which means another chance to meet new bloggers and reconnect with old friends.

For anyone new to my page, welcome! My name is Amanda, I'm 23 (soon to be 24!), and I work in a library. I got into book reviewing because of the idea of free books.. but I stay because I love being able to connect with authors and other readers. My favorite genres are romance (contemporary, historical, paranormal), science fiction/fantasy, urban fantasy, and.. well, that's mostly it, but I'll read anything that captures my interest.

Anyways, on to the hops! Including a new one this week!

Book Blogger Hop
What keeps you reading beyond the first few pages of a book, and what makes you stop reading a book and put it back on the shelf? Great question! Characters and the world they live in are really important to me. There are a few things that will guarantee that I will try my hardest to finish the book - Angels, Mythology, Time Travel, etc. If an author crafts an interesting world I'd like to live in - I'll keep reading. If he or she creates characters I fall in love with - I'll follow that author anywhere. As for what makes me put the book down - if I'm not in the mood for that particular type of book right now, busy elsewhere, that sort of thing. What makes me put it down permanently? Tougher to judge.



ACK! Your favorite book/movie character just walked into the room! Who is it, and what would be your first reaction? Okay... so Bones just walked into the room? Really?? I think if I haven't fainted at the sight of him, I'd be cleaning my drool off the table with a towel. Eventually I might get over the initial shock.. but if I finally get up the nerve to talk to him, the second he uses that sexy accent, I'm a goner. Hahaha.

Photobucket                                         
TGIF at GReads
Mr. and Mrs, who are your favorite book couples?Cat & Bones from the Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost
Leigh and Lucian from the Argeneau series by Lynsay Sands
Noah/Jackie/Zane in the Succubus series by Jill Myles
Trevor/Chassie/Edgard in the Rough Riders series by Lorelei James
Clara and Tucker in "Unearthly" by Cynthia Hand
And so many more...

Well, that's it this week. Begin the hoptastic fun!
Happy Reading!
~!~ Amanda ~!~

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Cruising through on the 18 & over tag along. I hope you have a great weekend!

Pedantic Phooka said...

Stopping by via Parajunkee's blog hop.

Holjo @ Pedantic Phooka
www.pedanticphooka.com

I'm having a book giveaway on my blog today, please stop by!

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. I love the Clara/Tucker pairing. It felt different than most YA books.
My Hop

Lucy (The Secret Life of Books) said...

Hey, I'm hopping by from the blog hop. One of my favourite couples has to be Claire and Jamie from Outlander by Diana Gabaldon.

http://lily-bookhaven.blogspot.com/

(Check out my Giveaway if you get a chance!)

http://lily-bookhaven.blogspot.com/2011/06/giveaway-100-followers.html

Julie said...

I didn't even think of my reading moods - you're right; sometimes I'm not in the reading mood to read a particular sort of book, and it will go to the side until I am in that reading mood.