Thursday, June 2, 2011

Mrrowr. Or rather, Rawr? REVIEW: The Art of Seducing A Naked Werewolf by Molly Harper

The Art of Seducing a Naked Werewolf Why This Book?: I loved the first book, "How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf," and despite not originally liking Maggie, I went ahead and picked up the second book. Also... it was due back to the library so I had to hurry up and read it. ;)

Disclaimer: Library book! I do not own this book, and I did not receive it in exchange for a review. All thoughts are my own, etc.

Type: Romance, Series, Werewolves, Paranormal Romance, Hot Nerds, Pack Trouble, Crazy Men, Humor, Quippy remarks.

About the book:  Generations of werewolves have been secretly residing in a secluded valley a stone’s throw from Grundy, Alaska. So when a snooping Outsider comes to Grundy to investigate rumors of lycanthropic shenanigans in the area, the valley’s pack alpha, Maggie Graham, resolves to chase him away, even if doing so takes a quick bite on the butt. What a pity that researcher Nick Thatcher turns out to be so drool-worthy, and that his kisses make Maggie want to sit up and beg. Maggie just can’t seem to convince Nick to leave and even worse, she can’t convince herself to stay away from him. Cross-species dating is problem enough for a harried alpha female, but on top of that, a rival group of werewolves is trying to move into the valley. With interpack war threatening, Maggie can’t afford to be distracted. Combining romance and a career can be tough for anyone; for a werewolf in love with a human, it may be disastrous...

My Review: First off, I would like to mention that I am a huge fan of this author's writing style. "How to Flirt With a Naked Werewolf" was the first book I have ever read by her, but it definitely caught my attention. Molly Harper blends steamy romance and side splitting humor into one deliciously wonderful book. I really, really disliked Maggie's character in the first book, but Harper still managed to make me fall in love with her, just as much as her hero. And I was overjoyed to see the characters I loved in book one return as side characters in this novel - and stay true to how they acted in book one.

As for the plot of "The Art of Seducing a Naked Werewolf," I was entertained the whole way through. I'll say it, I kind of saw the ending coming, but the journey was well worth it. I may have correctly guessed who was behind the attacks, but all the other subplots were still a completely mystery to me, and there were a few times I was thrown for a loop by something that happened.

I thoroughly enjoyed "The Art of Seducing A Naked Werewolf," and I know it will find a home on my keeper shelf. Maggie was a unique heroine, and Nick was just the type of nerd I love and would fall for. Maybe I did a little, :). Be sure to check out both this book, and the first in the series, "How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf," featuring the ever-lovely Mo and Cooper.

Cover Loving: Very good. Fits in with the first book of the series. And I think the art looks just like the characters - except for the clawed feet... maybe.

Recommendation: Readers that want some chuckles with their romance should definitely check out both "The Art of Seducing a Naked Werewolf" and the other novel "How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf." And if you love a true alpha female character, definitely read Maggie's book.

Final Rating: FOUR out of FIVE (4/5). Good, fun book. Maggie is a tough chick, and pitting her against Nick was an excellent show. Definitely a series to check out!

Have you read "The Art of Seducing a Naked Werewolf" or "How to Flirt With a Naked Werewolf?" Share your thoughts in the comments! Want to pick up a copy? Head on over to Amazon.com!

Happy Reading!
~!~ Amanda ~!~

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This book looks like so much fun. Thanks for the great review. I will add this to my TBR list!

Evie@Paromantasy