Monday, January 10, 2011

Review of "The Ghost Exterminator: A Love Story" by Vivi Andrews

The Ghost Exterminator I've seen this author around before, but I had never read anything by her. I was obviously missing out!!
Disclaimer: This book is on loan from my local public library. I am not being compensated for this review. Also, I am an Amazon Affiliate.

Type: Paranormal Romance, Ghosts, Hauntings, The Possession of Wyatt Haines, Sorta New to Me Author

Why this book: Well, I noticed my work (library) purchased a copy, and the story sounded good, so I was the first to nab a copy. So glad I did!

About the book: Wyatt Haines is a businessman. He believes in logic, in keeping his business in the black, and football. However, he's beginning to believe, maybe just a little, that his recently acquired property is haunted. So finally, his hippie-esque secretary convinces him to call a ghost exterminator to take care of his little infestation problem. Jo Banks is very, very good at her job. She can see ghosts, even send them on to the afterlife. But she's never seen anything like Wyatt's new house. And no matter what she does, nothing is going to plan, including the fact that two ghosts escape and hide inside Wyatt. Now Jo has to de-spirit Wyatt's home, get the ghosts out of his body, and keep herself from falling for his uptight attractive form. Does the self-proclaimed freak have what it takes? And can the ever logical Wyatt finally lose that stick up his rear-end?

I definitely devoured this book. I can't believe I've never read anything by this author before. I loved her writing style, a perfect mix of humor, romance, and just the right amount of passion. There were some great twists and turns in the story, the mystery of why the house is so haunted, who's behind it, and more. I just ate it up.

And the creative and hilarious chapter titles definitely deserve a special shout-out. Some of my favorites? "Tiny Tim, the Sl*t," "It's My Party and I'll Commune with the Dead If I Want To," and "Haunt Me, Baby, One More Time." Oh, alright, one more. And "Love Means Never Having to Say Untie Me." As I said - creative. And each chapter title is not only funny, but actually pertains to what happens in said chapter.

I loved the characters, but I loved the interaction between such complete opposites the best. Jo is an almost-normal girl who sees herself as a freak, and therefore plays the role to the best of her ability. Wyatt spends far too much time in his office making sure his business runs smoothly, and actually fired his mother once because she wasn't running a good business. But when these two get together, sparks fly. I loved their banter, their commentary while watching television or trying to figure something out.

Recommendation: Heck yes! I recommend this book to everyone. That's right, everyone. This is one of those "Shove the book in their faces until they agree to read it because I love it and everyone else should too" sort of book. Lovers of a good story, Paranormal Romance, and enough humor to make your sides hurt from laughing should definitely pick up "The Ghost Exterminator" by Vivi Andrews.

Final Rating: FIVE out of FIVE (5/5). Really loved it, recommending it to everyone. Get yourself a copy today! Like right now! Then come back and let's chat about it. =)

Want to get your own copy of "The Ghost Exterminator: A Love Story" by Vivi Andrews? Of course you do! Head over to Amazon.com via the link at the left, and pick up a copy.

Happy Reading!
~!~ Amanda, aka Morning Glow ~!~

2 comments:

bittenbyromance said...

Great review. I have this book and hope to get to it one day soon.

Amanda from Novel Addiction said...

I hope you do, too! It really is a great read. I can't wait to dig up more by this author. Let me know when you're done reading it, I love chitchatting about books I've read!