Thursday, August 12, 2010

To read, or to sleep...

I'm sure anyone with a love of books has, at some point, had to make a decision between finishing a really good book, and getting enough sleep to be able to function the next day. And I'm sure everyone has chosen reading more than a few times. But what do you do when you don't really choose?

By that, I mean... what happens when a book starts invading your dreams, and you can't sleep? Or maybe you do sleep, but your dream is so busy, filled with new worlds and awesome adventures, that you feel like you haven't slept at all.  Lucky me, I'm currently dealing with this dilemma. I'm reading a book I was sent to review, a science fiction-y type that deals with virtual realities. And while the book is great, sucking me in for hours at a time... I've found that I've dreamed about it the past two nights, and woke up feeling like I haven't slept at all.

Does that mean I will stop reading this book? HECK NO! I need to know what happens! So, essentially I am choosing a book over sleep. And while I know my body will be grumbling for a few days... The book lover in me is intensely happy.

What about you guys? Have you ever chosen a book over sleep? Or has a book wormed its way into your dreams?

No comments: