Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A slump???

Yes! I've been in a reading slump lately! And it's not that I don't have anything to read, I currently have 6 books in the TBR pile, plus at least a few more on the way. I just can't get into anything, all I have the urge to do is re-read some old favorites, and even that urge is rare.

The only explanation I can come up with is that school is back in session, so now I'm doing reading for school (which so far isn't bad, just time consuming, and takes a good deal of concentration). But summer can't last forever! Unfortunately. Actually, I love winter more than anything. Curling up under mountains of blankets with a good book.

Maybe it's just a beginning-of-the-semester thing. I hope so, because I have some very interesting books in the pile. I've listed them before, but next up is "Dead Men's Boots" by Mike Carey (Supernatural Thriller). I've heard he's every bit as good as Jim Butcher, whom I enjoy. Following that, I have "Mr Darcy, Vampyre" by Amanda Grange. Stay tuned!

Happy reading! And I hope you all had a great Labor Day Weekend, if you celebrate it!

2 comments:

novelnelle said...

I'm going to keep an eye out for your Dead Man's Boots review. I love Jim Butchers Harry Dresden books and another equally good series would be right up my alley. I'm sorry to hear about your slump - there is nothing more frustrating than a reading slump. I'm sure you'll come out of it eventually - I always do!

Amanda from Novel Addiction said...

I love Jim Butcher as well. I used to pass by his books all the time when I worked at my local library, then finally, one day I picked one up. And I was pretty much hooked. And he keeps coming up with more, so I'm so behind! I'm feeling up for something Jim Butcher-ish, so I'm hoping this will hit the spot. Thanks for dropping by!